Sunday, March 31, 2013

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter day!!!


      I hope everyone has had a wonderful Easter day!  It was definitely a different Easter for us and one I'm sure we'll never forget even though we still have so much to be grateful for and we are so very blessed.  I felt terrible leaving Warren this morning but I really did not want to miss church on Easter Sunday so I made a last minute decision to go to Joel Osteen's church, Lakewood, for the 11am service.  (I figured I may not get the opportunity again, even though I hope I do!)  I'm so glad I went!!!  It was awesome!  It was an ordeal once I found it but I just followed the traffic and then the crowd becuase I had no idea where I was walking too!  (I kept thinking while I was following everyone that you always teach your kids to be a leader and not a follower and here I am not having a clue where the crowd is leading me...I just followed.  he he he....I was thinking surely they're all going to the same place I'm trying to get to.)   All kidding aside, it was really a treat to be there.  It's the largest church in the US and it was completely packed out...all of the way to the top.  (I took the pics below before the service started so you cannot tell how many people were actually there once the service started.)  Worship there was amzaing!  It was pretty powerful being apart of such a large, upbeat congregation.  I wish Warren could've gone but we will definitely go again the next time we have to come back to MDA for check-up's and when he's feeling better. 

Lakewood Church / Houston, TX


 
     Warren is about the same he has been for the last few days.  The pain is getting a little worse and he really doesn't want to eat anything and he's drinking less.  (Don't panic y'all....I'm doing everything I can, even taking a cussing from him for trying to shove it down his throat every few hours.)  I'm sure the doctors will probably decide to give him the feeding tube this week.  (He'll deny it until he's lying in the hospital bed being sedated for it but the scale will tell on Tuesday!)  It will make my life and his a whole lot easier if they would just do it!  (Even though I can't imagine having to put everything in his tube...you do what you gotta do, huh.)  I think he would be a lot happier because I could then stop nagging him all day.  He will only have to keep it for 6 weeks and then they can remove it.  (If he doesn't want to eat or drink now I can just imagine next week and the week after that.)  Yes, he's miserable but he really is still taking it all pretty well.  He looks better than he sounds, I promise!  I think I'm going to get him to stay tomorrow morning after radiation to get IV fluids.  I think he probably needs them and it will probably make him feel better.  (They told us anytime he wants them or thinks he needs them we can just check ourselves in and they'll get him set up.)
     Well, that's our Sunday.  About to finish watching our redbox movies before they are all due back and before the storm starts, make some more bookmarks, and finish off my Easter dessert (Very appropriate for the occasion, Carrot Cake.)  I picked up at the grocery store when I went to pick up my Easter lunch from the deli. (Yuk!...hope I never have to eat that again on Easter!)

Easter Sunday pics of Maison & Aniston back home and Jarred in Des Moines: 
Clearly, I've got to hurry back so that I can start doing Ani's hair again!
What is going on with her hair, y'all???
Happy Easter!!!
 

In scripture, when Jesus was about to be crucified, His disciple Peter denied Him three times. (See Matt. 26). You would think that Jesus would have given up on Peter. But that’s not His nature. When you make a mistake, God doesn’t turn from you, He comes after you!
They crucified Jesus on Friday. Sunday morning, Mary went to the tomb to check on His body. When she arrived, the stone had been rolled away. An angel appeared and said, “Mary, don’t be afraid. Jesus has risen. Now go tell His disciples and Peter that He is alive.” (See Mark 16)
Out of all the people in the world that could have been singled out at this historic moment, the only person specifically named was Peter. It was as if God was saying, “Peter, I’m the God of another chance. When you turn your back on Me, I don’t turn my back on you. When you fall, I come running toward you.”
Today, I believe God is saying to all the people who have fallen or made mistakes, “I’m not only alive but I still love you. Come to Me and let Me make you new.” If that’s you, there’s no better time to surrender your life to Jesus Christ than today.  For more infomation click here: http://www.lakewoodchurch.com/pages/pathway/jesus.aspx#lakewood-video-player
~ Joel and Victoria Osteen

3 comments:

  1. Jennifer,
    I met a nice man in a waiting room at MD Anderson who also had throat cancer while Bryan was having chemoradiation. He assumed Bryan had throat cancer, too, since I was in the same waiting room with him, and he was telling me to tell my husband not to be afraid to get the feeding tube. He said it had gotten extremely difficult for him to eat, and he had dreaded getting the feeding tube, but he said he was so glad he did. Said he felt better and wished he hadn't resisted it at first. Thought I would pass that along to you in case it helps in weighing your decisions.

    Bryan is having a rough time with the new chemo phase of his treatment, but he is spiritually strong. I try to keep reminding him that we are going to get past this, and then we will focus on getting him built back up. God is, indeed, a God of second chances!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Karen! I agree. I think it will make his life easier, as well. Warren was ok with the idea of the feeding tube until he actually had to meet with the gastroenterologist to discuss it just in case he needed it. Since then he has made up his mind that he does not want it. (I think it's the possible risks with the surgery that he's thinking about. Not really the tube after the surgery.) I really think they are going to want to give it to him this week, though. He can hardly drink or eat anything.

    We are praying for y'all and for strength, tolerance and comfort for Mr. Blakeny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen Thanks so much for the update. Your faith truly inspires me. I have started going to Church and am so comforted in the knowledge that God is there for each and everyone of us. I am sure you will never forget your Easter! Church service must have been amazing. All I can do is pray for Warren that he finds the strength to get through the next couple of weeks. I know without a doubt that God is holding him in the palm of his hand. We are also equally grateful that he has you beside him every step of the way. You are a remarkable lady and I am so proud to have you as my sister in law. I am sure you are missing Ani and Maison so much, but it seems like your mom is having a great time with them. I love you so much and thank you for looking after my special brother. xx

    ReplyDelete