Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Just an uneventful, ordinary day with a little discomfort and fatigue...

     Nothing much is going on today!  But I guess that's a good thing, right?!  Warren had his 2nd radiation treatment at 8am this mornning and it went fine.  Today he did it without taking his 'Happy Pill' (Ativan).  The doctor gave him a prescription for Ativan to take about an hour before radiation if he has problems being closed in or locked in and he did the first few 'dry-runs' but he believes he can handle the radiation with it now.  (Yay!...I think...he's kind of funny when he takes his happy pill.)  I'm going to try and get the nurse to take pics for me tomorrow on my cell during his radiation treatments so that I can post them to show y'all what it looks like.  The mask they have to wear looks a little freaky.  Kinda like a scary movie! 
     The only problem he's been having this week is just digestive issues from all the pain meds and ani-nausea medicine he's had to take.  It's actually made him feel pretty bad the last few days.  There's a class for everything at MDA (and I mean EVERYTHING) so we have to go to that class next week.  We've, also, learned that there is a medicine to help make you feel better from the side effects of taking the other medicine that was making you feel better from the previous medicine and each one takes your mind off of the previous problem becuase in turn a new problem arises.  So, to sum it up we gain a new medicine daily and at this rate he will be taking 45 pills a day at the end of treatment!!!  :)  But hey, whatever works, right!
     I did cook a really yummy, healthy dinner for him last night after that show I put on in the parking lot at Walgreens!!!  He's been eating really well this week.  I'm nerd when it comes to cooking so I've got to post a pic of how pretty dinner was.  (It's on my mind becuase we just ate the left-overs for lunch.)  Enjoy y'all!
     Guess I could post some of my recipes that I make him eat or drink from time to time.  His favorite thing thus far is a chicken noodle soup from a place called The Chicken Kitchen.  That place is sooo good!  I think maybe it's cuban, not sure, but he loves the soup and I love the roasted chicken with the mustard curry sauce. Yum!


Grown-Up Healthy Hamburger Helper!!!
Carrot pasta, spinach, butternut, turnips,
 peppers, onions, celery, curry, cinnamon and
 lean ground beef.

No comments:

Post a Comment