Sunday, March 24, 2013

Movies & Milkshakes...

     Nothing much to blog about here this weekend.  I guess that's a good thing when it comes to Warren.  He has actually been trying to eat a little more.  Guess what he asked for yesterday???  KFC!!!  I know, KFC, really?  Out of all things I would've never expected that request so I ran out immediately to go find one before he changed his mind.  Found it and he ate half of his lunch, which was great!  I've tried milkshakes everyday from somewhere different and he's just not digging those.  He said they're too sweet.  (Whatever! That's 3 more lbs added to me over the wekend!...I'm seriuosly starting to work-out, run, something tomorrow!!!  I can't possibly just sit on this couch daily and blog and read blogs and drink his milkshakes that he won't drink!)  I have figured something out while being here...maybe we should sell our house and buy a condo or something similar.  Forget the bigger house!  I think our life would be so much easier.  It would take no time to get it good and cleaned each week!  Also, getting rid of half of what we have!  I love having 4 plates, 4 cups, 4 bowls, etc.  Yeah, I have to keep washing them but it sure beats cleaning 12 of everything and takes way less time!  I did unpack our suitcases last night...yes, just now.  Three weeks into it and I'm just unpacking our suitcases.  Give me a little slack...we did go home the first two weekends so we were kind of still living out of our suitcases.  Anyhow, we did bring entirely too many clothes!  The walk-in closet looks like we've lived here for two years.  It's insane!  I wear the same three pairs of pants everyday, too.  I dread packing it all back up.  Today is freezing, too, by-the-way.  I find that weird that everyone at home is laying out today or working in the yard and said it's hot and it's freezing and cloudy in Texas!  That just doesn't seem right.  
     So, Warren is getting better at taking his meds.  He's not fighting me on it as much anymore but then again I've learned not even to ask him, I just go hand it all to him with a drink.  I dont' even ask if he's in pain or feels nauseous, just give it to him.  He has eaten pretty good today, too.  The Campbell's old fashioned chicken noodle soup is definitely his #1 choice but he has eaten other things today, as well.
 I made chocolate pudding out of avocados earlier...it's in the fridge chilling right now.  It's actually good so I think that will be a good snack if he'll eat it.  He is eating a lot of jello, too.
Chocolate Avocado Pudding
   
     Oh, yesterday I ran to the grocery and when I was leaving I noticed they had a lottery ticket vending machine.  How cool is that!  Well, it's probably not a good thing to make it so accessible to some but I couldn't resist buying one.  (Which I'm sure is their point!)  I thought it was pretty neat, though.  I bet the future will have pretty much everything in a vending machine!  (Think people...what else could you vend?...could be the next best business!)


 Speaking of vending, I rented a few redbox movies, too, and I couldn't have gotten that more wrong if I tried!  How do you pick 3 of 3 horrible movies???  Warren doesn't even trust me anymore to rent a movie unless he sends me for a specific one!  The first one we put in wasn't even in English!!!  How does that happen in America???  It was in French! 


 
                                                                                                                                                                                          Look how stinkin cute this Little Miss is!!! Maison texted me this pic from the dressing room yesterday while they were doing a little shopping with Meme. We miss them so much!!!
 

 
Hope y'all had a great weekend! 
 
Tomorrow Warren has radiation and Chemo.  Round 4!!!
 
P.S.
And Jarred just made it back to Des Moines safely.  They drove to Gulfport last Sunday (16 hours), to New Orleans on Tuesday then to Panama City Beach on Thursday and stayed in Oxford last night (or stopped for a while) on their way back to Iowa today. 
 "You know you're old if that sounds exhausting!!!"

5 comments:

  1. I think I have finally figured out how to post a comment. I cannot tell you how grateful we are for this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...thanks, Bree! It helps with my boredom, so I'm glad there are people enjoying reading it, as well! :) Glad you figured it out, too! Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jennifer... I got your sweet card with your BlogSpot address. I've enjoyed reading the updates. I read where you said Warren can't really drink smoothies too sugary or sweet. You may have heard this... but in case not, I've heard it said that sugar should be avoided if possible ... because sugar is what cancer thrives on. But I do know even the sugar-Free fruit smoothies can make me cough after I drink them so that's just the way they affect you sometimes. I buy a bag of the frozen tropical fruit at Walmart... it has pineapple, mango, strawberries & peaches in it. I just put the fruit in the blender with a handful of ice cubes, a little container of the Dannon Lite N Fit -Pineapple/Coconut yogurt and some water ... and it doesn't make me cough as much. :)

    I hope yall get some nice warm weather over there this week!
    God bless and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Patty. Yes, we have heard about the sugar but it's funny because everything we've heard about what to avoid and what's good for you have all been on our own reading. Not once have they gone over that with us here or even mentioned it. We meet with the nurtrionist weekly here, as well. They are more concerned with him just eating whatever he can. He is so limited on what he can get down that they don't care what it is as long as he consumes 2,300 calories a day, which is almost impossible at this point. I guess since he is so limited they figure nothing can really hurt at this point...I'm not sure. Also, anything citrus kills his tongue and throat. It burns really bad. I guess because it's so raw from the radiation and sores from the chemo. Weird things, even ice cream is hurting now. Maybe it's the frozen stuff, not sure. Thanks, though! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww!... I'm so sorry he's having tough time! I will be trying to think of some food suggestions for you. I also want you to know, I have a sister who lives there in Houston, her name is Karen. I sent her a link to your blog. She asked me if she could do anything for you. I will give your mom her phone number when I see her at worship services tomorrow....then if you need her, you can call your mom and get her number. You seem to have everything under control, but she is there if you need her. :)

    ReplyDelete