Friday, March 22, 2013

3 Weeks Down...3 More to Go!

     Well, things are getting a little tougher for sure.  It's harder for Warren to eat and it's harder for me to get him to eat anything.  Or drink for that matter.  He's good drinking Gatorade, water, flat Gingerale and broth but he's even starting to fight me on the Boost and milshakes.  A lot of the juicing drinks make his mouth burn really bad because there are sores in his mouth from the radiation.  He says he feels full before he's even had anything, too.  Uggghhh...I have a feeling these next 3 weeks are going to be long ones.  He doesn't want to take medication much, either.  He's not complaining much about pain, though, even though I know his throat and mouth are hurting.  He's actually not saying much of anything unless I ask too many times if I can get him something or try and make him eat or drink something.  I think he's getting enough fluids so that he's not dehydrated but I know he's not taking in enough calories at this point.  I keep trying to rack my brain on what he'll eat or drink that's packed with calories.  A milkshake is all I can come up with but I went to the Jack in the Box today and got a large chocolate milkshake and he took a few spoon fulls (it was too thick to drink it) and asked me to put it in the freezer for later. (That's his new phrase.  You should see how packed the fridge and freezer is getting from him saying, "just put it in the freezer or fridge for later.")  Well, I'm definitely gaining every pound that he's loosing so if the doctors can figure out how I can give it back we'll be in great shape!!! 
Jack in the Box Milkshake
 
     Oh, our friend from the waiting room in the mornings brought Warren an aloe vera plant this morning.  How sweet was that!  I put it out on the balcony to get sun.  Do they need sun?  He told me just to water it once a week.  Warren told him that I don't do plants well but he assured me there wasn't anything to this that I couldn't kill it.  (He obviously doesn't know me!)  I can't wait to see if it really helps Warren.  I guess since I don't have kids to take care of right now I can keep a plant alive.  I know what my mom is thinking if she's reading this...she's thinking "Yeah Right!"  he he he...Sad thing is she's right! 

 

Our New Aloe Vera Plant



Have a Good Weekend Y'all!!!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment