Wednesday, March 27, 2013

We had visitors today! :)

     So,  we barely made it to radiation this morning!  We normally get up around 5:45, brush our teeth and leave for the hospital and are usually in the waiting room by 6:10 every morning.  Well, this morning Warren turned the alarm off and when I looked back at it it was 6:06 and he is supposed to start radation at 6:20.  Believe it or not we were sitting in that waiting room at 6:18am!!! (And yes, we did brush our teeth.)  Don't ask how that was possible because I still cannot understand how we made it, myself.  I don't even remember which way I drove there.  They do not do "late" for radiation and you do not want to upset the lady that does the radiation for Warren.  (Her handshake alone would scare you!  Not kidding!!!)  She's super sweet, though!
     Warren has been struggling to stay awake now since about 4:30 or 5 this afternoon.  The doctor's gave him a patch to wear for pain management so we put it on this afternoon and it has knocked him out.  They say it takes a slow 8-12 hours to get into his system but he has been like a zombie.  He keeps waking up saying he is not going to use it if it keeps him this way.  He said he'd rather just take the regular pain meds and live with a sore throat.  We'll see! 
     His appointments all went fine today.  He had to meet with the gastroenterologist this morning just in case he ends up needing the feeding tube but they were pleased with his eating habits and said as long as he consumes 2,300 calories a day they will not give it to him.  (I can tell you right now that's going to be tough!...Especially if he ends up sleeping a lot more like he did today.)  I had no idea that the feeding tube was such a big deal.  I mean once it's in it's not a big deal but it's actually a surgery and he would have to stay overnight at the hospital when they do it.  Everyone around here acts like it's really nothing.  (The other patients, I mean.)  I was under the wrong impression!
    Well, we had surprise visitors today!!!  It was kind of exciting!  (Someone we actually knew to talk to in person!!  I am starting to feel a little isolated.)  Our manager and trainer for Colonial Life from Jackson flew into Houston today for work so they stopped by and brought us a nice big goodie basket.  How sweet!  It was so nice visiting with them for a little while.

Thanks, Jimmy & Trent!!!


 From Back Home: 
 Mom said that Aniston told them she really wanted to see the sunset today so she ran them to the beach to watch it.  How sweet!  I can't imagine where she came up with that unless they are talking about that at school right now.  lol...


 

 
 
...And look who I spotted today doing his grocery shopping. 
 
Hope y'all are all ready for him!!!  ;)

2 comments:

  1. Keep your chin up Jen....yall will be home soon. I read your posts and all the things that your talking about...my mom went through with my step dad. But he had lung cancer....so the feeding tube and the sore thoart all hit so close to home for me. I hope Warren doesn't have to go through that(feeding tub).Thinking of you both!!!

    ReplyDelete