Thursday, March 14, 2013

Yay...The Galleria!

     I have to say, today was exhausting for me, too!  Radiation at 6am, back to the apartment for a few more hours of shut eye and then apparently Warren woke back up feeling good because he told me to "get movin" so that we could go have lunch at the Galleria.  Yay!!!...The Galleria, finally!  Yeah, well, not sure I want to go back to that place again.  It was exhausting just getting there and it's so big it's overwhelming.  I cannot tell you how many times we went the wrong way on the freeway and had to get off and back on it again.  (Oh heavens, not the wrong way like oncoming traffic but the wrong exit.)  There is no time to think once you get on the bloody road...you better make sure that voice coming from your GPS is predicting the future fast!  She definitely wasn't fast enough today!  We had to have made at least six U turns once we exited off of the freeway.  Anyhow, I think I'll stick to Rice Village, just a few short miles from our apartment, if I feel the need to walk around and browse again.
Just to give you an idea of what we're dealing with!!!
 Houston's freeways.
    Warren was feeling good when he woke up this morning but after that journey just to get to the Galleria he was absolutely spent!  We walked around, ate lunch and decided to head back after a couple of hours even though we dreaded the way home, which didn't end up being any easier.  We started out going South on the freeway when we were supposed to go North and the traffic was horrendous.  I give up!  I'm usually really good at directions, too. 

We watched the ice skaters while we ate lunch in the Galleria.

     I picked up Olive Garden 'To Go' for dinner and we recouperated from the day.  That was our entire day in a nutshell!  No exciting Bowel Management classes to attend here!  We are heading back home to spend the weekend with the kids tomorrow so, 'Sayonara' unil Monday! (Unless something really interesting, funny or 'blogworthy' happens over the weekend that I must blog about.)  Bye the way...2 weeks down now for chemo and radiation!  Yay!!!  4 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment