Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Is Today only Tuesday???

     Wow, I just realized today is only Tuesday!  (I was about to say Week 5 almost over.)  It's been a long two days!  Warren is actually doing a little better today than he was the last couple of days.  We had a serious discussion last night about his eating and drinking.  (Mainly eating!)  I got serious and pretty much told him I was going to tell his doctor's on him and tell them exactly what he ate for about 3 days straight...NOTHING!  (Time to start being a tattletale!!!)  After he threw a temper tantrum and pouted he got over it and got his stuff straight!  He started consuming calories and did very well last night and today.  He really didn't loose any more weight since Friday, which I was shocked about.  Actually, I think he lost 1-2lbs and then he gained it back.  Yay!  I was certain they were going to tell him he had to get the feeding tube but not this week.  I think he's figured out how to get some shakes and yogurt and few other things down.  I found some vanilla shakes that are 350 calories each with 13 grams of protein, yougurt that's 200 calories and few other things that will work.  Dr. Beadle did tell him to start wearing 2 pain patches now and he can take his Hydrocodon on top of that.  Wow...that sounds like a lot!  I guess when he's really in a lot of pain his body uses it.  She, also, called him in some gel like stuff he can use to numb his tongue and mouth so that will probably help when he eats and drinks.
     Well, not much else to tell today.  I'm going to post a picture of his doctor's so y'all can see who we see each week.  (I would really like to get Dr. Beadle to say "hi" on video...maybe next week.)
                                         

Dr. Lu


Dr. Beadle



 




 
2 Corinthians 12:10

That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses,
in insults, in hardships, in persecutios, in difficulties.
For when I am weak, then I am strong.

1 comment:

  1. Keep strong my beloved Warren and Jen. Not long to go now. xx

    ReplyDelete